3-4 handfuls of greens (collards, mustard greens, kale)
1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
Oil for sautéing, such as olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh lemon for topping
Wash your greens, chop off "dead ends" and blot on a towel to dry before cooking.
- On medium to low heat, add enough oil in you pan to coat the bottom and some of the sides.
- First, add in the garlic, letting it brown a little.
- In 2-3 minutes, add in the greens. *If you are short on time, try chopping up your greens to smaller sizes, as this will cook faster.
- Once the greens begin to wilt, you are almost done. This can take anywhere from 3-7 minutes depending on how dense the greens are.
*To taste test, take a small piece out of the pan, let it cool quickly, and give it a taste. If it's still too crunchy, leave it in the pan a bit longer!
- Once wilted, top with salt and pepper to taste and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice!